Google earth

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Visit with Rosa Day 1

I flew into Ecuador last night, but it was so late that I just went straight to my hotel and went to sleep. This morning I got up early and caught a bus to the town that Rosa lived in. It took me all morning on the bus to get there. When I got there it was just about lunch time and Rosa was waiting for me at the bus station. She took me to her smoothie and tostada store where we had smoothies and tostadas for lunch. They were the best smoothies that I had ever had. I had never had a tostada before but I liked them. A tostada is a green, unripe banana cut into thin strips, salted and fried. It was much like a potato chip in texture but it had a different flavor though it didn't taste like a banana. After that we walked down to the local market at the market there was food but what really impressed me was the crafts. The weaving was amazing. It was made with small string and knit tightly together. Some amazing images and patterns were woven into it. After that we had Ceviche for dinner. It is a dish of raw fish marinated in lemon juice and other spices. I liked it but it wasn't like anything that I had tasted before. I went to bed early because I was still tired from the plane ride the previous day.


The tostada

A small woven rug

1 comment:

chase said...

Good job I like the story but the beginning was a little fast, maybe you could slow it down but other than that I liked the descriptions of the tostada you had and the smoothie sounded utterly refreshing! Great job!